10-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #23
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
It is impossible to argue with these X6/5 owners. They just become impossibly rude when you try to point out that what they believe isn't right.

I have decided to say good things and leave it at that before some of them turn militant, like that "dmglc" (or "dmlgc" whatever) from the other thread.
Amen bro. I agree these X5/X6 M fanbois are probably very close to 335 fanbois who top my list right now.

I am completely impartial and drive a 330CI ZHP, which I believe is more exhilarating to drive than the X6 M I sat in this weekend. After experiencing both X6 M and M3 in person, the X6 M does not compare to the M3 in terms of driving exhilaration. X6 M sounded boring as hell with a terrible hissing and low pitch burble. M3 was last of the awesome M cars I always dreamed of having.

Again it is OK for the X5/X6 M since they are SUVs and not meant to be about exhilaration. My issue is with M5 getting the same cookie-cutter engine with turbos. I was watching the legendary and one-and-only Walter Rohrl's interview and while comparing Porsche 911 Turbo with GT3 911, he explained how he would never take the Turbo over the GT3 to the race track by saying the response of N/A engine is simply unmatched by a turbo car. Funny how it reminds me of what BMW used to preach all the time a few years back.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0