SKYHI
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Titanium Silver X6

Garage List
2009 X6 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
Any facts to back this up? Every day, thousands of cars die on the road, lose power, or catch fire.

Forums have overblown the HPFP issue. Yes you lose some power, you drive in limp mode and get the issue resolved. But few cars have the issue. It only seems like a lot due to forum hysteria.
Few cars have the issue my ASS!!! I find it very odd that you continue to down play this HPFP issue thread after thread when you have had no experience with it. I have personally talked to 3 people in my area that has had to have them replaced and one has had to have it replaced more than once. This is not on a forum but people I have talked with so the whole "forum Hysteria" comment goes out the window. As for limp mode, I couldn't back my X6 all the way out of the parking spot it left me in much less to a dealer not to mention I shouldn't have to "drive in limp mode and get the issue resolved" when the vehicle is 2 months old and I pay for a quality product!! Not going to get into all of that again as it has been expressed on a previous thread. Again, nothing personal but your opinion will change when you're left stranded unexpectedly. If that is of no inconvenience to you then more power to you. Sorry but this is an issue along with the turbos hence the new N55 single turbo engines for 2011. They are aware and fortunately stepping up to the plate with the 120,000 mile warranty on the HPFP. This wouldn't be the case if it wasn't a huge issue, think about it!! Best of wishes and luck to all, mine was replaced and running great now so hope it holds up!!!

Last edited by SKYHI; 02-26-2010 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0