03-17-2015, 02:23 PM   #45
bmwx5er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
This is from a private sale, the owner holds the title outright.

considering I bought a very similar 2012 X5d 2 months ago for $38k (with warranty), I'm dying to tell him to hurry up and close the deal.

What pisses me off is, he's still hesitant on something about the car, I think ultimately, he doesn't want it, but his wife wants it. He wants a good deal, but won't believe me the seller is taking about a $3k haircut on it. Further, this is his first time into any car that costs more than $25k...so he's hesitant on buying a used luxury car with high mileage. (I can't blame him, but I have been advising him on all of this, and if you buy new luxury cars, you'll get killed on depreciation).

I keep telling him, don't kill the deal, I told him the combo of options on that car, I know at least 5 people on various BMW forums looking for this car.

I don't have the VIN, I'll post it after the sale so not to jeopardize his deal.
You should point him to this thread to help him understand that he's sitting on a rare combo at a great price. Do post details once the transaction closes (for some reason, I thought you mentioned your cousin bought the car already..)
Appreciate 0