View Single Post
      08-01-2017, 09:56 PM   #90
Birdoprey
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 50i M Sport

I did tell Alex when he texted me Sat when he assured me they would get it fixed that even if a new motor was put in, i was scared to death of this vehicle. That this type of thing should not happen with this low of mileage and that if it had this issue, what else is wrong? I also mentioned that i'm already 1 month into my 3 month warranty and i have not driven it, and would probably be 2 months into it before i got it back. Not right for me to miss out on the full warranty. I told him i wanted another vehicle and they needed to do right by me and do their best to make it happen in such a way that i did not incur any more frustration or $$$ than i already have. He said he would get with his manager and they would do their best to take care of me. At this moment, i take what he said with a grain of salt.
Up till now, i've only mentioned "lawyer" once and early on(i stated that i didn't want to have to go that route). I've purposely not mentioned it as i don't want them building a defense as of yet. Its getting to that point now though as i have a concern that they are not doing anything on their end to help my situation.

I love the X5 and part of me wants it, but my brain is telling me to stay far far away from it. Sad to say, i don't want a different one either. I want to wash my hands of this and get something that i know is more reliable and something that won't break me if it breaks. Maybe a CTS-V. If it breaks, i can fix it.
Someone on this site mentioned they would not own a BMW out of warranty. I'm thinking this is good advice for me
Appreciate 0