View Single Post
      05-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #27
Maxx2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeM3 View Post
Great write-up, thanks for all of the detail! It's unbelievable to me that they made it so difficult to access the air filters. I have never heard of any other car where you have to take off divider panels and strut braces just to change the air filter. Hopefully Dinan or some other tuner can come up with something to do away with that ridiculous setup.
Agree. Never had to disassemble so much just to get to the airfilters... I am going to get more information on the X5M intake system and see if it can be adapted onto the N63.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeM3 View Post
Interesting about the charcoal filters, by the way. There is a separate post from an X6 50i owner who removed the charcoal filters on his and noticed some improvement. It's odd to me that the X5 would be the only model not to have them.
That post is what pushed me to tear into the airboxes yesterday... You can imagine the disappointment when I opened them up and there wasn't anything in there.

Hopefully this guide will be useful for some and it wasn't a complete waste of my time!!
Appreciate 0