View Single Post
      09-20-2016, 09:36 AM   #1
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M

Thumbs down New ignition coils & spark plugs issue

Well, I've owned this truck less than a month and have run into yet another problem. I brought my truck to European Auto Source yesterday to have the ignition coils and spark plugs replaced (fuel injectors were replaced 2k miles ago). Before when I drove the car, I would get a check engine light / reduced engine performance under heavy acceleration.

Well, now I feel like something is very very wrong with the truck. Now that I replaced the coils/plugs, the car shakes like crazy when I'm at idle (and when I'm moving, its just harder to feel). It's a weird thumping feeling. I've never experienced a cylinder misfire, but I'm guessing this is what it feels like. Its thumping and shaking to the point where I had to call in and request the day off because I don't feel safe driving it.

Really disappointed in these trucks so far. I've owned an e46 m3 and e63 m6 before this truck and never experienced anything like this. Its just one thing after another with this truck. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this so I can actually drive the and enjoy the truck without my dash lighting up like a christmas tree. I'll keep everyone updated as I learn more.
Pure Stage 2 Turbos / JB4 / BPM tuned / Catless DPs / PTP Turbo Blanket / RK Intkakes / Eisnemann Sport / M Performance lip / IND Blackout / KWV3 Coilovers / MV Forged ML10 / Pirelli Pzeros / LED Headlights
Appreciate 0