03-29-2008, 11:28 AM   #20
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
Nice writeup! Where can you put your hands on that SAE article? I read alot of their articles( Can you tell I'm a big car geek!!!).However, most of the articles at the SAE website are for sale.Did you find this article on the great WWW.Thanks! PalBay
I actually paid for it. I buy quite a lot of SAE articles from their website as the information tends to be more reliable than what you find trolling the WWW. The only problem with Googling stuff is that whoever is writing often has some axe to grind, but you rarely get to find out what their angle is or how credible or knowledgeable they are. On forums like this you can generally get an idea of someone's credibility after they have made a few posts, but most people who post on auto-related forums tend to be young males with strong opinions but little experience. Nothing wrong with that -- I was one once -- but you have to be able to filter out a lot of what they say.

I enjoy all the posts, even those I suspect are somewhat less than informative. It's good to have such a variety of people with a common interest.
Appreciate 0