View Single Post
      10-13-2017, 12:15 AM   #10
coolmayank
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly42 View Post
It's difficult to put most cars on jack stands because they are usually the same as the jacking points. Also most people don't have long jacks that can reach the diff and front jacking. (usually a problem on lowered cars)

My experience with other cars, I found that there are other areas where you can use for jacking or as a safety area. I'm not an expert and this is only based on my observation from other cars. The frame area where the the front and rear subframes are usually very strong areas that can support a jack or jack stand. Usually these areas are closer to the center of the car so they are not ideal.

After many years of dealing with the pain of putting the car on 4 jack stands, I ended up getting a lift.

It’s great that you could get a lift , I don’t have this option as I do t have a garage . I did see the jack plus stand combination which seems like a good idea

Powerbuilt 640912 All-In-One 3-Ton Bottle Jack with Jack Stand https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ULZGFU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0Se4zbGG59JVS
Appreciate 0