Armen52
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwocky
Armen, I must ask, are you considering one instead of E90?
Jason, thank you for your extremely thorough and detailed response regarding your experience with the 350Z. After reading your account and doing some research on my own regarding its reliability I have to say that no, I am not considering one instead of the E90. I found a message board for 350Z owners that had 20 pages of posts about tire feathering and alignment issues, 18 pages of posts regarding transmission failures and replacements (many multiple times on the same car), and 15 pages of posts regarding paint defect problems on the cars. After seeing this it was clear to me that the 350Z was not an option.

I'll explain why I even asked this question. After working throughout college to pay for nearly all of my expenses myself, my father told me he would put up 10G's as the down payment on the car you see I've ordered in my signature. Now it seems he has changed his mind and he is unwilling to provide that down payment for me.

Essentially that means I can empty my own savings to make the down payment, or borrow it from somebody else, with no interest. That said, it would mean I would be essentially borrowing $46K to buy this car. That is just not a very smart transaction for a person right out of college, regardless of the salary of my job, which is more than enough to cover what would have been the payments on the car after a $10K down.

So you see my friend, I am stuck here now, after putting in a tremendous amount of time and effort on picking this car, researching it through and through, picking the options and colors, then finding a dealer to work with, possibly all for naught. It is not fun to do all that and wait 3 months for your dream car to have it taken away from you.

Nothing is final regarding my decisions at this point but it does not look good for the E90. The only other options I'm considering right now are puchasing a '01 or '02 330i in decent condition to drive a couple years before I get the E90 or some other car, or just keep my Integra for another 7-8 months and get an E90 then.