View Single Post
      11-25-2020, 06:22 PM   #262
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
It's by no means perfect, it's down on boost (I blame VERY tired turbos), but it runs like a top. Just ritual oil changes and lots of road trips, I haven't dropped the pan or done anything engine wise major. What's funny is I'm NOT nice to this car. I remember my E34 M5 days and read that they like their legs stretched out, so I apply that same technique daily...engine's up to temp and it's game on, EVERY day is a race...stop lights, passing people, dude who maybe looked at funny so I assumed he wanted to race, etc :-) I HATE how it constantly wants to go into 6th, even at the lowest of speeds, so I'm always in Sport and/or ///M mode to keep the revs up vs down low and bogging. Engines in heavy cars don't like low RPM lugging around so I've convinced myself that's why I haven't had the problems I've read about.

Mods:
- custom intake
- JB4 with meth
- HCP stage 2+ flash
- DV+ diverter valves
- muffler valves deleted
- catch can

Done:
- Aux water pump - broke into pieces
- CCV/PCV system - usual cracking
- Injectors - one failed
- Expansion tank - cracked and I now run Evans waterless coolant
- Vacuum pump - leaked oil
- Front brakes - worn out
- Transmission -constantly went into limp mode, slammed itself into 3rd on the freeway and/or wouldn't drive at all even after two flushes/sleeves/gaskets changes a few months apart
- Alternator brushes - hoping it'd fix the Christmas tree dash that still happens post trans swap but thankfully still drives this time around
- Vacuum lines - still can't get rid of reduced power warnings though

To-do:
- Transfer case, maybe - still getting the Christmas tree randomly even though it's for new fluids and the servo gear is perfect
- S63TU mani and turbos - hoping it'll fix my reduced power and smoke after idling for long periods before I explore valve seals, at which point I'll just go fully rebuilt

You may want to look into the xHP trans flash. I made a comment in the xHP thread that the trans flage (stage 3) will likely save your bearings as it stops the TCU from hunting down 6th gear at all speeds. it also allows you to get into 5th much easier if you're in 6th and apply a little throttle as opposed to the stock TCU map that will do everything possible before down shifting.
Appreciate 1
TTV8M125.00