bleudyno
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 Melbourne Red X6///M

Garage List
2010 X6M  [9.50]
2010 X6M  [0.00]
K&N filter for X6M installed. DIY with pictures

Ordered this two days ago and got it today. Install took me about 5 minutes. Total took me a little longer since I took pictures for the DIY. Thought this might help anyone that might need it. Haven't taken the car for a spin yet but I doubt that I will be able to really feel a big difference. Will update later.

Here's the DIY

OEM airfilters in orange, K&N on top

First, Remove the 4 silver screws along the top pane
l

Next, on both sides of the air box there is a ball mount. Simply pull up on this area with a prying tool (a flatheard screwdriver would also suffice) The upper piece should pop up

Lift directly upward

This what is underneath

Now there is another piece that needs to be popped up.

The top panel comes off but you don't need to take it off. It will pop off without taking the piece off

Same thing underneath

Now you can take the front piece off the car

Make sure you un hook the clips underneath. There are 4 that run along the bottom of the piece, unhook them and you can pull the piece free

OEM Air Filters

K&N

Now just do everything in reverse and put everything back together. FIrst make sure that you hook all 4 hooks along the bottom:

Then firmly press down on all three points that you popped out earlier. With pressure, they will pop back in. The screw in the 4 silver screws and all done! Viola!

X6///M Melbourne Red/Merino Black leather MODS: Matte black grill, Tinted head lights, Euro clear side reflectors w/ tint, Tinted white stip on tail lights, 22" Iforged Legacy Convave (Matte black center with Gloss black lip) RPI Race exhaust, Vorsteiner CF front lip, CF rear deck lid spoiler, CF rear diffuser, vented CF race hood, RPI intake scoops UPCOMING MODS: RPI software tune
Appreciate 0