01-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #72
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
You are 100% correct. This is how the propaganda slips in and the uninformed are swayed.

My WTF moment was when they were describing the tax plans of Mr. Gore vs. Mr. Bush. Mr. Gore had a well thought out and researched tax relief plan and Mr. Bush had a tax scheme. They ended all pretense of objectivity and haven't looked back since.
My WTF moment was more than 20 years ago while getting my MBA. We had a class called Management Communications and one case we studied involved a company that had some public relations nightmare to deal with. Can't recall the company or issue but the real eye opener for me was the 60 Minutes episode on the company.

60 Minutes wanted to interview the CEO about the issue and he agreed but only if he could have his own camera recording the full interview, which 60 Minutes agreed to. We were then shown the 60 Minutes story which made the CEO look very bad, almost deceptive in his answers, making the company appear quite guilty of it's alleged transgression. We were then shown the unedited tape from the CEO's own camera. It was shocking how much had been edited out! The man's answers were usually cut short, not showing his full response/explanation. This editing of course allowed 60 Minutes to spin the story they wanted to tell. If you saw the CEO's full interview you came a very different conclusion.

Edit: ALL news organizations are guilty of this so I'm not picking sides. Journalism today would make William Randolph Hearst proud!
Appreciate 2
zx10guy5149.50
MKSixer34184.50