View Single Post
      06-17-2020, 02:43 PM   #9
chris604
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecastle View Post
It looks like your problems maybe just incidental. One problem besides the water pump, is looks likely you used leaded fuel. Most sunoco 110+ octane, is leaded. Running leaded in an unleaded car is bad if you still have your catalytic converters. Lead clogs the cats, and can coat plugs and etc.

Stick with 100-107 octane. Don't use AV gas, as its leaded often times as well.

On that note I've run 100+ octane fuels with no issues. As long as they were not leaded. https://petroleumservicecompany.com/...5-gallon-pail/
Oh oh. Seems OK now tho. Still got the extended warranty on it just in case. But, I definitely did notice a power difference. I ran it as hard as I could, and no misfire. I'm kind of used to the random noises in it now tho. Something's bound to die on it soon, LOL. Also, the thing is just gulping oil, and has been getting much worse recently. Is there a safety check on the computer, that won't let you start the car if the oil is too low? I saw a message on the screen saying something like 'Oil level sufficient to start the car, but level won't be determined until after driving the vehicle'. But, will it just refuse to start if it's below a certain point? I just filled it up with 2L of oil, and it's in the red again, after a week.
Appreciate 0