View Single Post
      11-06-2017, 09:54 AM   #13
coolmayank
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandref321 View Post
Hey OP, I swapped out my brake lines and lifted all four corners so I took pictures and did a short write up…

STEP 1: LIFT THE FRONT
a) put on the parking brake
b) block the back wheels

c) prepare jack stands for use

d) loosen lug bolts

e) jack up the front of the car using center jack point until you can’t lift anymore

f) place jacks under side lift points

g) lower vehicle onto jack stands

h) compress jack and place wood under the jack

i) jack up the front of the car again using center jack point until tires lift off the ground
j) lock the jack stands into position and lower the vehicle onto the jack stands; leave jack in place if you can for safety.
k) remove wheels (THIS PREVENTS THE CAR ROLLING FORWARD WHEN LIFTING REAR)
l) place wheels under the vehicle for safety (BEND A RIM vs LOSE YOUR LIFE)

STEP 2: LIFT REAR
a) prepare jack stands for use

b) place block of wood and jack under rear differential
c) loosen lug bolts

d) lift vehicle until wheels leave the ground
e) place jack stands under the side lifting points

f) lower vehicle onto jack stands
g) remove wheels
h) place wheels under car for safety (if they will fit)
This information is certainly useful for someone who is planning to jack the car..
I end up selling my jack as i wasn’t inclined to work on the car. The problem with the front jacking point was that the part big the jack was touching the area and i was afraid of damaging anything. The rear looked even more fragile.. I think the BMWs jack lift points are the best places to lift the vechicle. They expect people to have lifts to work on these vehicle. Thanks again for the write up and pics. The wheels are looking awesome. Have you got these polished? Now I am planning to work on removing the swirl marks . Please check my other threads if that topic is of your interest
Appreciate 0