View Single Post
      07-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Review: PIAA H8 Extreme White (for angel eyes)

My X5 is a 2011 model, which is the last year (unless you have a late 2011 build) that did not incorporate the LED angel eyes. Initially I tried to find a solution that would at least 90% mimick what the current LED coronas look like, but after studying the options out there that are LED based, I didn't want to take the risk. Too many reports of flickering, codes throwing and what would have annoyed me the most, the outer rings now lighting up properly.

If I cannot replicate the OEM LED coronas, then I at least want to remove the yellow tint the current angel eyes have. I did some research and went with these PIAAs. For $70 shipped, I could not go to much wrong.

The box they came in.

What the stock angel eyes look like.

Comparing the PIAA (right) with the Philips OEM bulb

If you want to make swapping out the H8 bulbs a 2-minutes per side job, then you need these

And they're in...

Although not an extreme difference, it's a safe option from a reputable company. I did not want a 50W or higher halogen bulb as I've read they run much hotter than the 35W bulbs and can melt or damage the angel eyes. So all in all, the PIAA bulb removed the yellow tint the OEM bulbs have, resulting in a "whiter" appearance of the angel yes. Satisfied for $70.

Last edited by P1; 09-23-2013 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 0