View Single Post
      06-19-2014, 04:03 AM   #1
black_mk4
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50I M Pkg

2011 X5 50I Harsh Downshifting from 3rd-2nd-1st gear

Hi everyone,
I just bought a 2011 BMW X5 50i with M pkg which has 51000 miles on it but still has extended warranty to cover. The car downshifts very harsh from 3rd-2nd and also from 2nd-1st in D mode. it happens all the time disregard car is cold or warm. Up shifting is fine and smooth though. I went back to dealership and told them this situation, they send a mechanic out with me and he said it is normal for X5. I insisted them to perform the adaption reset to see if it will go away, so they did. but the issue is still present. I have searched on the internet knowing that many 7 series have the same issue with transmission recall, also some pre LCI X5 46is or 48is with software update. But dont find LCI X5 e70 with this issue. So I just want to ask if anyone knows this is normal for X5. if not, is there anyone had the same issue I have, how did you tell the dealer to fix it if they said it is normal? Is it possible the solenoid went bad that cause this?
I have own a 328I before with similar issue but fixed it with adaption reset from the dealer, I guess this time not so lucky. please help, thanks.

Last edited by black_mk4; 06-19-2014 at 04:25 AM..
Appreciate 0