View Single Post
      01-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
eg3
Private
Rep
Drives: X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
picked up a '10 X6 35i with perf. package. I really don't like the exhaust tips. what the best way to give dual pipe look and most imp increase the exhaust sound, to a deeper growl. your article was great. I need specific names of product for South Florida region.
There are not many aftermarket products for the X6 yet. From the exhausts, Dinan, Supersprint and Hartge have quad pipes but all are for the 50, which requires the parts of bumper around the tips to be removed. Also, all of these exhausts will cost you a min $1200 just for the parts and that's for a rear muffler only. If you don't mind getting the bumper cut in a body shop, I suggest getting 2 smaller Magnaflow mufflers, 2 x dual stainless polished tips and get a custom exhaust done. That way, the exhaust will cost you $400 max, labor for the exhaust around $200 and labor for the bumper another $200-300.

Also, take a look at other threads. You'll see the Dinan product and Skywagon here has the Supersprint. It's best to keep this thread a "technical" one.. There are other threads for product info.
Appreciate 0