View Single Post
      04-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #16
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Mod update:

The Weisslicht LED corner lights and Osram CBI's came in yesterday. Installation wasn't too bad, but it did take longer than it should have. The corner lights were purchased from bimmian and the hid bulbs from theretrofitsource.

For anyone installing the corner lights the biggest tip I can give is to take a small flathead screwdriver to the connecting point for the prongs on the led light itself to open them up some. I could not get them installed for the life of me at first. Used the screwdriver trick and they went in first try. Here is a pic of the screwdriver that saved the day:

And here are a couple installed pics:

I went with the amber colored ones as I am only after the yolkless look in the assembly. The light bulbs themselves have a nice professional look to them No more countless led's exposed. Plus no error codes so far.

Now for the hid bulbs. Oem are 4300k, which provide the most light output albeit with a yellowish color. I like my hid's to be a pure white so I went with the Osram CBI's. I have had these CBI's on all of my builds as they are the best bulbs out there right now imo. What makes them so special is that you get that pure white light due to the 5500k rating, but at the same time, keep the light output of a 4300k bulb. In short no downsides to going with these bulbs. Every other bulb on the market sacrifices output for color, which make them nonviable options for me.

Close up of the box:

Installation wise, super easy once I figured it out. All you do is pull off the connector, unscrew the bulb, transfer the bulb holder to the new bulb, and reinstall. I kept expecting it to have some clips like the e9x's and f30's have. Nope just unscrew and remove, piece of cake.

Regarding the angel eyes, the lux ones are in the mail and should be here soon to complete the exterior lighting section of this build.
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0