View Single Post
      06-23-2010, 08:21 AM   #48
chuckd123
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 35i

OK, here we go again folks.

Was driving home last evening and received for the first time, the dreaded engine malfunction/reduced power error. Luckily I was only about 5 miles away from home and limped my way to garage. I live in the SF Bay area, temperature
was mild out around 75 degrees (F) and had been driving about 25 miles on the highway through on/off traffic prior to the malfunction.

I have a 2010 35i, purchased in Oct 2009. I had read this particular thread before my purchase of the X6 and I had thought that BMW would have fixed these "small engine quirks" from the initial X6 builds. I obviously thought incorrectly (shame on you BMW).

So far from this thread I've gathered the following engine malfunction possibilities:
1. HPFP
2. Wastegate
3. Turbo failure
4. Software upgrade(s)

Calling the dealer right now to have it towed in. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress including dealer diagnosis, repair & fix and whether the issue reoccurs afterwards.

Kudo's to everyone who post informative and constructive threads on this forum like this one so owners or prospective ones can gain visibility to common issues and educate themselves on root causes/fixes.
Appreciate 0