View Single Post
      04-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #66
XBMW6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 740Li 2021 M850i

I just wonder why some people constantly complaining about many BMWs new designs... It's a matter of taste and subjective topic. I'm sure we all have different opinions just like we do about other cars. I personally find their recent designs more attractive.

Do you think BMW would just throw in Millions of $$$ just to put out a failing product? Remember the previous generation 7-series...how much criticism that car has received, yet it was the most succcessful BMW in terms of sales. Also, compare it to other competitors just as Cayenne turbo and ML63, you see that there's still a good market for this segment, otherwise, why would they keep producing these kind of vehicles.

Personally, I find the X6 very attractive and sporty, and manages to combine several car characters in one design. However, I'm not sure if I would Justify paying extra $20-25K+ for an M version, given that the standard 50i already has plenty of power. Also, From what I know, their residual values is worse than the standard model and the running costs are high.

Regarding the exterior design for the X6M, I feel neutral about the new look. Rear design look good, however, I'd rather have the standard rear design with a painted body color pumpers and side exhaust pipes. As for the front, it looks OK. But I just feel it's missing something... Maybe a nice set of LEDs such as GTS. I think the front design on the M model has to do with function over form factor, which is to increase air flow to the engine. At the end, I'm sure many of us will have a second opinion when we see the car in real life, just as many did about the new 7-series.
Appreciate 0