Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenm View Post
Best bet is to get in touch with KW.

You should be able to buy a replacement strut assembly but what this will cost ... who knows.

They have a spare parts request form no mention of any prices thugh.

http://www.kwsuspensions.net/spare_parts/
Thank you again,
Yes, I was researching for the options since last night and it looks like they (KW) do rebuild shocks for about $100 per shock (which is not bad). They have lifetime warranty but I don’t believe it’s transferable since I bought my car with KW and I don’t think it can be repaired under warranty. The issue I have that this is my daily driver and I don’t think I can have car sitting somewhere for who knows how long (I think KW repair shop in Germany). They also need to be removed and reinstalled in the shop.

I called Turner Motorsport shop (closest to me) they actually inspected my coilovers back in January; I’m not saying they did a bad job at the time (the seal probably went bad recently). They will contact KW and see what my options are. One of the options is to buy 1 strut and get the other one rebuild under warranty, not sure how much this is going to cost me and how this is going to work yet. So I’m waiting to hear back from Turner, hopefully this will be resolved soon, I really hate bouncy ride…

I found Warranty & Repair procedure on KW site, looks like the form needs to be filled out and send to them, then they will issue return number, after, the shocks needs to be removed, cleaned and sent to them for repair (not entirely sure where, Germany?) , based on some research this could take from 1 week to a month. And this is my issue. Since more likely I will be doing this thru Turner I’ll let them research my options…

I will update this thread with my progress in case anybody else runs in to the same issue!
Appreciate 0