boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
so after creating this thread I went to my car jacked up the front passenger side (the side where I saw oil spots), took the wheel off and found that pretty much everything is covered in oil, pictures below, I cleaned everything and since I was there adjusted the spring (2 full turns to the right to bring it up to 30", which I wanted to do for a while) after that I went under the hood removed all the plastic pieces to get to the top of the shock and adjusted for 6 clicks. I understand there is another adjustment at the bottom of the shock? I didn't get to it yet. So back to the shock, obviously its leaking and probably it lost some of compression. Does this mean that this shock is gone, gone and I need to look for replacement or there something that can be done? I would hate to change KWs to H&R 2" but if I have to...
I took car for short drive after I made adjustments and bouncing is still there, so the adjustment I did, didn't really help, not to mention I'm not totally sure that I adjusted it correctly, I used the pointy key from KW tool set...

sorry for the crappy iPhone pictures, also when I was removing the under hood trim the center plastic piece fell off behind the engine, I think it was broken to begin with and I couldn't get it back, I don't care for that piece I will order new plastic but just hope it want cause any issue being there as it didn't fell of to the ground.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0