View Single Post
      03-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #30
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
I've actually had my build number (production number) since early February. Unfortunately, it is still not coming up under the MYBMW website to check progress.

I understand that it will not likely go live until the line is actually producing the 2013's. So I'm expecting to see something in the next week or so...

However, my dealer did contact BMW to try and get more info (particularly since I have to fly down to do a Performance Delivery in SC) and we were told that they will be building 35 vehicles in April, Mine is number 7 (of 35) and it will be built sometime during the week of 23 April. I got this info about 3 weeks ago. I'm going to check back in with my salesperson next week as we enter the month of April...

Thanks for keeping me in mind!
Ed
Ed
I mean this in the nicest way (I swear)....
Are you sure you want one of the first couple vehicles produced? I've toured that line twice now (it is amazing) but each and every time I tour it I think "How long did it take them to get it right?". Granted, there are not major changes (like going to a new trans or something), but any chance your dealer could push it back just a bit (or you can wait?). If you have PDC scheduled, then this probably is not possible - just curious.
Appreciate 0