View Single Post
      06-26-2015, 09:56 AM   #4
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

i'm a climber. mainly bouldering. do a little top roping, but only when at the gym. haven't done that outdoors yet. Personally, i don't think it matters if people climb at the gym or outdoors. it's all climbing. most people getting into the sport these days get into it because of the gym. most of your professional climbers these days got their start in the gym at a really young age. They both have their place though. There's nothing like climbing outdoors. When i first got started climbing I only climbed indoors at the gym. Didn't really have any interest in doing outdoor climbing. But a friend of mine finally talked me into doing it. I was hooked. Outdoor climbing is amazing. Just being out there in nature makes it a whole different experience. At this point, I love both. I view the gym though as a training facility to get better for outdoor climbing. I do outdoor trips almost every weekend. Then during the week I train at the gym. Climbing has changed my life though. I'm the healthiest and most fit i've ever been in in my life. I've always been skinny, but never really in shape. After climbing for several years now, I actually have some muscle! hahahaha it's such a great sport. Its the one activity i've found that is so much fun that i want to do it every day if i could. I NEVER want to go to the gym to just work out..... that's so boring. So this is not only a great workout, but it's fun. I look forward to it. I view it more as something fun i'm getting to go do, not that i'm going to go get a good workout in.