View Single Post
      09-28-2014, 12:56 PM   #17
dreamalaska
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 3.5i

2013 3.5i w/stock 19"

My X6 was delivered to Alaska with Michelin Latitude HP+ all seasons 255/50-19. I have 18,000 miles on them and they've worked great as true all-seasons, so I'm not having to swap out to winter tires, saving that expense and headache. That being said, the dealer had kept them at 40psi all around which has caused them to wear out faster along the center crown of the tires. I've dropped them to the recommended 32front/36rear, but now I'm experiencing "rut hunt", where the vehicle likes to wander following road ruts, and that gets very annoying constantly fighting the steering. I asked the dealer to check worn front end parts (this car is babied) and I have about 1/2 tread left, but dealer is saying the wander is due to the tires. I hate the thought of buying a new set with so much tread left, but plan on doing so this coming spring and pursuing the worn front end issue, if that still exists after new tires are installed...I've read about the worn front end bushing issue and hope it's something simple as that and not shot tie rods or ball joints...
Appreciate 0