clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x
Quote:
Originally Posted by clbmw View Post
+1 the BMW M was referred to by Scott recently...

I sincerely hope we get a small range of seriously good super cars. Porsche and McLaren look very attractive in this market currently.

An M and MM would be good, something pitched at £100-120k to take on the 911 group and something £160-180k to take on McLaren.

Would have the market practically sewn up with those.
Well one thing for sure if BMW is going to make a super M it will have a lot of CFRP and possibly a hybrid system of some kind (something like the upcoming NSX, not 918/P1 level stuff), basically a Twin Turbo V8 (Don't think the S55 will cut it unless they do some MAJOR modification) + hybrid system, outputting a little more HP than the current M5/M6 Competition Package while cutting tons of weight.

I suspect that BMW will develop such hybrid system based on the one in i8, but this one will be a lot more performance orientated. Price wise, it will probably be 75% or 100% more expensive than the i8.

BMW M Centennial, something like that, lol.
Yeah I hope you're right (not that I could justify spending that on a car ATM).

The name is tricky, I expect M, M1, M10 or M100 will be most likely... However M Centurion might work (unless that name is already in use somewhere)

We haven't had M Racing yet...
Appreciate 0