United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
That is a sexy time rotor right there!

Regarding pads, while I don't like brake dust either, I much prefer better stopping power so I would get the stop tech's over the posiquiets. Pads and fluid are much more important to improving stopping power than a bbk anyways. All a bbk really does is dissipate heat better allowing repeated hard use before the brakes stop working i.e. track work only.

To top it off get better brake fluid. Castrol's is best imo due to it's one year change intervals and excellent boiling points though it ain't cheap. Motul would work well too, though it need to be flushed every 4 months or so for optimum performance.

I say for 1500 plus whatever it costs to get the calipers painted is a far more affordable solution than 7k worth of bbk. Plus you are getting 95% of the look of a bbk anyways and for the street, stock performance is more than enough so this 'upgrade' will be great. Will look just like the M5's and M6's now.

This is tempting. I've almost talked myself into it. Must resist...
After reading their review on line, I was leaning stop tech. Just have to get someone at AR to tell me what their turn around time is. This needs to happen soon. Rotors are getting painted next week. Would like to get everything done at once!
Appreciate 0