View Single Post
      06-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #24
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

The hood looks like a modified Hybrid Power Bulge type.

I believe the X6M is running about 17.4 psi. maximum boost, but that level is probably only achieved with the higher octane gas such as 93, or when mixing unleaded racing gas. More boost would make more power, but risk detonation and reliability. If they can run 21 lbs. that would really be sweet, as long as the gas can support it, and prevent detonation. The new M5 engine specifications list 95 octane as the minimum, with 98 preferred! That is race gas around here. Also, the picture of the new M5 engine shows much larger intercoolers fitted. The intercoolers may be a slight bottleneck and they are now going to address that in the next engine revision, as well as installing the new twin-scroll turbochargers. I would also guess that they may be shooting for the 600 HP level, but not much more than that.

I am happy with the power level of the M, and more power has proven to break some things. So, I would bet that there would need to be some other modifications to increase the strength of some components to be reliable at a higher power level.
Attached Images

Last edited by LANDLORD; 06-16-2011 at 01:06 AM..
Appreciate 0