View Single Post
      02-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

2013 X6 Production Starts in April

(New member, first post, first BMW...)

I placed an order for a 2013 X6-M last week. My dealer told me they were switching over the line in Spartanburg for the 2013's in April. I was surfing the various fan sites to find a more specific info on the actual cutover date and noticed you guys had a schedule posted which indicated that the 2012's would run through July! (Yikes!) My dealer assured the cutover was to happen in early April.

2013 options/pricing has already established and the BMW system is currently accepting orders for the 2013 X6. I finally got my production number and we also have a Conf. Production date of April 16th. I understand that is not my actual build/production date, but rather a date when the actual build date will be scheduled. I am told that the line must be running before they can assign a build date, and that the "Conf Prod" date must be after that window opens up.

So, if all of this is accurate and correct, the 2013 X6-M cutover will be in early April 2012.

Its going to be a long 60 days - and yes - I got the Adaptive LED headlight option
Appreciate 0