02-23-2017, 11:25 PM   #11
bmwx5er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai5w4 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Good info there. I'll ask about the drive shaft and turbo coolant hose.

I didn't tell you what they are giving us for our trade. Can you show me where there is another 50i M Sport with the mileage, packages and features of this one? I'm all ears, but my research says we are going to pay a premium for premium features (and in the exact color we want). We have been searching for sub-40k miles, '12-'13 only, M Sport, HUD, cold wx package and cooled seats. This has all that and more. And I don't see anything that backs up your numbers of 3-4 thousand over priced. Can you show me exactly what data you used please?
From wholesale auction prices. KBB trade-in is a good estimate for wholesale price. This car was likely bought by the dealer for about $30 - $31K. Add another $2.5K for dealer cost (CPO, reconditioning, etc.). If they installed new tires, add another $1000. You're looking at about $34K in total dealer cost. Up to you to pay whatever you consider a decent profit for the dealer.
The CPO inventory currently is very thin because the lease returns for 2013 models came in almost a year ago, so that kind of limits your options.
Appreciate 0