03-01-2016, 07:12 PM   #307
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, X5 50i Msport, EscaHoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpie89 View Post
I just got off the phone with ECS. I was ready to pull the trigger on 20 mm front (ECS) and 30mm rear (H&R). I was going to go with ECS up front since they came with the longer bolts included but I am questioning the quality in the back of my head. What stopped me altogether from placing the order was the conversation I had with the sales rep. He said that nothing above 20 mm is recommended on our platforms. He said it would cause dramatically increased wear on the bearings. What do you think about that?
I was unaware that anything above 20mm should be mounted on our hubs, I ran 15/25mm on the 50i for a while without any issues if this is true they should really add this information in a disclaimer for potential buyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeST View Post
He's right. Anything above 20mm puts A LOT of excess strain on the wheel bearings. I was going through wheel bearings on my e46 m3 when i had 25 mm's.
I had the same(15/25mm) setup on my e46 m3 for 7 years without any problems...I sold the m3 to my buddy who still has the spacers on

Last edited by Cattivo; 10-21-2016 at 05:19 AM..
Appreciate 0