View Single Post
      07-01-2015, 11:02 AM   #122
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

For those interested here's an update and more info. In my original post I said I ruled out the C7, here's more info on that:
I ended up owning a 2015 Corvette C7 for about 3 weeks. I contemplated that car for quite some time. Even though I was absolutely in love with my 981 when I first got it, once it became the new normal, my propensity to change cars much too frequently set in and I was on the hunt.
I had a brief test drive back of the c7 in November 2013, and while the car was impressive in some respects, I certainly wasn't left with the sense that I had to have one and make the change from my 981. But as time went on and the luster of my 981 dulled, my affliction to get something new and shiny grew worse and so in January of this year I ordered a 2015 C7 specced as follows:
Lt1 with Zf1 package (z51 wheels, tires, spoiler)
artic white on black, 7 speed, performance exhaust, carbon flash painted mirrors and rear spoiler.

I picked the C7 up early June, about 3 weeks after I sold the CS. I enjoyed the first drive home, the novelty of the v8 sound and power brought me back to my youth and my days of 5.0 mustangs. But soon the differences between the CS and the C7 began to creep into my consciousness and I was beginning to realize that I wasn't enjoying the C7 as much as I enjoyed the CS. I will write a detailed comparison at some point but for now I will say I didn't like the quality of the sound of the engine as much as the CS, the v8 sounds good but not as a good as the howl of a flat six. I found aspects of the car crude and coarse compared to the CS. The lack of visibility was annoying (you can not do a shoulder check on the driver's side blindspot and must rely on mirrors only). The precision and refinement weren't at the same level in so many different aspects, shift quality, throttle response, steering feel and response. The size of the car was cumbersome. I missed the turn in and balance of a mid engine car. Body movements weren't as controlled. In so many ways the car was just not as joy or grin inducing.

When I first got my CS, I lusted after driving like never before, I couldn't get enough of the car. That did not happen with the C7, but rather I in fact wished I still had my CS. And so I tried to get it back! A local Porsche dealer had bought my car it was still for sale. I advertised the C7 and sold it in about 3 days (the demand for the car is incredible in Canada as it is hard to come by up here), but alas my old car sold the day before I sold the C7!
I was pretty bummed at that point as I knew this meant a wait for another 981. But in the end I did ok. I managed to find a dealer who had a "frozen" order that was still changeable and I jumped on it. This means instead of waiting until October as I was told by other dealers, I should have my 2016 CS by late august!

It is specced as follows:
white, black interior
6 speed manual
20 inch Carrera s wheels with matte black finish
x73 suspension (thanks for everyone's input on that!)
sport design steering wheel
model delete and smoker's package

a pretty basic S but I can't wait to get it.

so in the end I guess currently there is no other move from a 981CS, at least for me...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2