03-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
BMW603
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiofrequency View Post
I did a lot of research prior to purchasing a rear mounted bicycle carrier. At the time I owned a 2000 Landcruiser, and could always place my bike inside the vehicle. One of my sons started cycling with me last year, so I decided to purchase a rear mounted bicycle carrier. THis is the one I purchased:

http://kuatracks.com/en/products/bike/sherpa/

This company, in my humble opinion makes the best bike rack you can buy. Unfortunately, the cost of keeping my Landcruiser on the road after 12 years became an expensive proposition. Last year I purchased an X5 35d without a tow package. Looking at all of the options, including a tow package retrofit, I decided on the BMW rear mounted carrier for a number of reasons. It is designed to fit this vehicle, it looks the part, and, most importantly, it is light and east to maneuver on and off of the vehicle. getbmwparts.com shipped it across the country to me for $628 all in.

If you desire to purchase a slightly used Sherpa, please PM me, it's in my basement.
Radio-- I got the same rack.. since I get a new bike rack each time I get a new car--- And I agree fits this car-- and looks amazing! question: Ive not added the rack yet.. just had x5 35d a few weeks..and it's too cold to bike.. how do I get the tow covers off? and since I don't want to lose any covers.. what did you do? remove all together?

THANKS!
Appreciate 0