BeastM3r
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoferoz25 View Post
So i have 2012 x5 50i Msport is that straight swap ?
Everything will work just fine even the heating for the steering wheel ?
Yes, straight swap and the paddles will work with your year/model.

Not sure on heat - mine isn't heated. I would think if your current wheel is heated and you swapped in a heated X5M steering wheel, it would still work

With all that being said, if you don't already have an X5M wheel, I personally wouldn't go to great lengths or costs to swap it out. You already have an M Sport steering wheel, which is the exact same steering wheel as the X5M wheel in terms of thickness and design. The only things the M wheel will change are -
1 - tri-stitching instead of black (which does look better)
2 - slightly different button configuration on the right side buttons (M wheel has the M mode button. All buttons would still work after a swap, but the button logo won't correspond to it's functiondefinitely not a big deal).
3 - paddles. If your 2012 was built prior to 10/11, you gain the paddles. If you already have paddles (10/11 build or later) the M paddles have a slightly different look/design, which I think look better. Lastly on the paddles, your 50i has 8 speeds whereas the M has 6.it's so much shifting that I almost never use themborderline annoying. They look cool though
Thx for all the support my brother finally got it to work and I loved