01-21-2015, 08:41 AM   #6
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
thanks! Admittedly, my wife and I both had white on the bottom of our color list. I personally wanted bronze. Of course with pre-owned cars, beggers can't be choosers, when you find one with the right price and options, you have the jump on the car regardless. The color has grown on me in the last 36 hours or so, and white certainly does stand out and I'm aware may people love the color too as AW is the most popular E9X M3 color.

The 3rd row is reasonable for someone who is shorter than 5'10", I sat in the back to test it out with the 2nd row moved all the way forward. It didn't seem that bad for a 30 minute drive or so, but anything longer than 1-2 hour would have been miserable back there. It's great in a pinch, and I forsee using it often in the future.

I like LCI lights on the M3, but can't justify the costs. With Silverstone, I have to not only find a LCI trunk, I also have to paint it. The entire process would cost me at least $1500 for a used setup, instead, I decided to spend the money on ZCP wheels and other stuff.
I hear you, AW was not my first choice either but our X5 was for my wife and if it wasn't AW, she didn't want it. Really happy with it now as most of my cars have typically been black or gray. Yours looks really sharp with the Sport Package/style 214 wheels!

Agreed on 3rd row - no way an adult should be sitting back there on a long road trip but I'm pretty sure no X5 owner with the 3rd row ever intended on using it for that anyway I've never actually had an adult back there in ours, only my kids and their friends.

Good point, SS is an ///M color so little chance finding a used one vs. having a standard 3 series color where your chances would be better.
Appreciate 0