01-20-2015, 10:15 PM   #4
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Congrats Flying Ace - your new X5 looks perfect

The model year, color combo including interior trim and all the packaging/options are nearly identical to mine - just the model is different (I have a 50i w/ M Sport). Alpine over Cinnamon is so sharp - I get compliments all the time and you will too. The 3rd row works great for kids…definitely appreciate the flexibility to seat 2 extra people when needed. Enjoy!

Nice SS E90 too - I like the ZCP wheel addition. Ever thought of doing the rear LCI conversion?
thanks! Admittedly, my wife and I both had white on the bottom of our color list. I personally wanted bronze. Of course with pre-owned cars, beggers can't be choosers, when you find one with the right price and options, you have the jump on the car regardless. The color has grown on me in the last 36 hours or so, and white certainly does stand out and I'm aware may people love the color too as AW is the most popular E9X M3 color.

The 3rd row is reasonable for someone who is shorter than 5'10", I sat in the back to test it out with the 2nd row moved all the way forward. It didn't seem that bad for a 30 minute drive or so, but anything longer than 1-2 hour would have been miserable back there. It's great in a pinch, and I forsee using it often in the future.

I like LCI lights on the M3, but can't justify the costs. With Silverstone, I have to not only find a LCI trunk, I also have to paint it. The entire process would cost me at least $1500 for a used setup, instead, I decided to spend the money on ZCP wheels and other stuff.