02-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #591
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo View Post
Big brother and little sister are both gone(good riddance)...my wife's 50i has been pretty reliable for the past 4 years. Recently she's been complaining about the smell of oil while driving so I took it into the stealership and was told the valve stem seals need to be replaced along with other numerous parts. BMW quoted me $10,965 to repair everything

The 50i has 95k miles and book value is listed around $11k...keep dreaming BMW! In the past week I noticed that it's been slowly bleeding to death, there's oil all over my garage floor and all over the under carriage...time to go!

I decided to get my wife another truck with similar power numbers and looks so I traded the 50i in for a 2018 Dodge Durango SRT before the 50i shit the bed...long story short, they gave me $8k for a fully loaded POS

Big brother and little sisters final destination...I sold it with the 298 winter wheels so if anyone wants the 333's let me know
It must feel great getting out from under that thing, good luck w/ the new Durango!

Did the Dodge dealer know the extent of issues w/ your 50i? They must have seen/smelt the oil? Either way they just send it to auction anyway, I don't imagine they care.

I was fortunate to have BMW cover my valve guide seals just outta warranty, otherwise I would have been trading it in too just like you did, no way was I gonna pay to replace those!
Appreciate 0