View Single Post
      03-31-2022, 11:03 PM   #18
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

I did measure voltage at connector X11003 with the connector plugged in the fuse box, the readings were good.
I measured for continuity in the fuse as well and it was fine.
The only thing I did not try, was a new fuse.

In all the years that I’ve worked on cars, there’s only been 1 time (I think) where a fuse had continuity and was bad, a new fuse fixed whatever issue I was dealing with. I doubt that’s the case here, but I’ll I try a new fresh fuse.

I have the bimmergeeks cable. It’s lasted 3 years now, longer than any phone charger I’ve had!

I am really hoping the rack is not an issue. It will be a tough choice if it is, it’s a big job that I would rather not do.

The steering angle listed at -7.691 DID change whenever I would turn the steering wheel, so that’s a good sign….?

The big issue I see is the “current, Servotronic valve, 0MA.”

The szl or slip ring would be easy, but I have active a cruise control and I think I would need a unit from another active cruise control car, which might be hard to find.

I have reset the steering angle sensor via protools, operation successful- Error persists.
I have turned the wheel lock to lock, does not do anything.
I have tried to reset active steering via protools, it says cannot complete.
I recently read that the wheel turning lock to lock must be done a few times, I’ve only turned the wheel once. I’ll try lock to lock a few times in a row.

I have also recalibrated them DSC, no changes once the calibration is complete.

I found someone on Facebook that is helping me download ISTA tomorrow. I downloaded ISTA, I just need help installing it now.

Would a bad power steering pump cause any of these issues?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0