View Single Post
      08-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
miller
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M

Megan Racing Axle Back Installed

Just got back from having the Megan Racing axle back muffler installed. It is a pretty simple installation, but I can't weld, so I had to have a shop do it. It took about half an hour - cut the old muffler off and install the new muffler.

I'm very impressed with the setup for the cost - $443.92 installed. Actually, I'm impressed with it regardless of cost! It did exactly what I wanted - gave the truck a throatier, M-mode exhaust note at all times, eliminated the M valves, down-sized the massive stock muffler, and updated the tiny stock exhaust tips.

In the quick drive back from the shop, I noticed a significantly throatier exhaust note when on the throttle, but mostly stock sound at highway speeds. NO DRONE, which was a big worry.

I would recommend this to anyone interested. For the savings over other systems being offered, it is a no-brainer. The most comparable offering is from Eisenmann for $4445 list for axle-back. I don't have first-hand experience, but I doubt the Eisenmann is 10 times better at 10 times the cost.

I will put together a video when I get some time. In the interim, here are some photos (forgive me, the truck is filthy):
Attached Images

Appreciate 0