View Single Post
      03-31-2011, 02:43 AM   #51
itsme123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopsy View Post
I was hoping you would bring up VANOS it needs oil and the quicker oil gets to it on cold starts the better to avoid excessive wear. So the less viscosity on cold start the better.

On cold start the 10w-30 and 10w-60 is the same viscosity.

Dude....I give up. So far I asked you to provide solid prove from verifyable sources to back up your claim. All I got was your theories and the mysterious M guy. Let's leave Alpina out of this for now because that motor is a modified N63 motor by Alpina and not build by M with a different engine code. To me that makes a difference. I have called BMW NA, BMW service departments, and have my car serviced at BMW (large and reputable) dealer which all have pointed fingers at the TWS 10w-60. You can call for your self any one of the places I've been or called. Can your final verdict be verified by everyone of us with a phone call? If the BMW recomended oil get my engine to blow up, then BMW will fix it under warranty. If I go with Whoopsy recommended oil and my engine blows up, who is going to warranty my car? That's what I thought. I guess in the end we will agree to disagree.

BTW, I will not give my dog anything I would not eat my self....EVER!

Last edited by itsme123; 03-31-2011 at 02:49 AM..
Appreciate 0