Thread: X6 M50d ordered
View Single Post
      08-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #18
peterc1962
Rep
Drives: X6 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post
Comparisons please. I have a 40d now and am considering 50d. Also pls post picture of the dials if you can! What options did you take?Love the piping on the seats,wheels.... looks great and matches the color. Congrats and enjoy!
Cannot compare to a 40d as I didn't own one before, switched from a X3 35i. Sorry, pic of dials is a bit blurred. It's pearl silver, interior Merino slate perforated, wheels are standard on the M50d.
Most options in there except for TV, rearseat entertainment, DAB-Tuner, CD-changer, Sunroof, rear sunshades.

What shall I say about the drive, torque torque torque, an impressive mass of torque available at any moment. At the same time and I am still trying to avoid it as I have about 900 KM on it only, the best revving diesel I have ever tried, that thing tries to rev up like a punchy petrol engined car. Together with the really quick 8-speed transmission it is almost hard to surf on the torque wave and not get the engine to rev past the 4K mark. And the sound is a deep low growl when you step on it, very nice in my opinion. Got 800 km out of the first tank at around 9.5L/100km (you gotta do the math yourself if you want mpg :-))
Attached Images

Appreciate 0