View Single Post
      02-14-2014, 06:29 AM   #5
Sa3064
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6m

I am the guy who barely knows where to put the gas... however, I am also a numbers guy. Great way to categorize the owners.

Backstory here:
I purchased a used X6M with 35,000 miles on it in June 2012 from a friend who took incredible care of the vehicle. I used to tease him about how he never even took it outside and over the last 19 months, I put 60,000 miles on the "Stealth Bomber" (my pet name for the car)

Despite that, I spent the $5,200 and just sucked it up, buying the Platinum with 100,000 miles and am glad I did.

Several months ago, I had a lurching noise when the car was going between first and second gear. They replaced something under that hood-thing (self effacing humor there) and all I remember is that it would have been $4,500. Two weeks ago, I was driving home and "Engine Malfunction: Operating at Reduced Power" indication came on and the car made some terrible noises. $8,000 later, they replaced the following
-Replaced basic control unit (main computer)
-Replaced decoupling element (no idea what that means... does it operate the cigarette lighter or something?)
-Replaced auxiliary water pump (turbo cooling)
-Replaced all 8 fuel injectors

Also, they did an oil service, coolant, power steering and transfer case change (another $1100)

If you are the never lift a screwdriver kinda guy who is completely anal about costs and drives cars until they die, GET THE WARRANTY!!

Thanks and back on the roads with a stupid smile on my face.

Jim
Appreciate 0