View Single Post
      11-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
Kanuc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M Melbourne Red

Power/Torque Loss: PCV Issue? Dinan Stage 2 Issue?

I have a 2009 X6 50 with Dinan Stages 1&2.

I as never super impressed with Dinan Stage 1. It did little to solve the turbo lag problem, whether I drove it in Drive or Sport mode. Manual was fine enough. Anyways, was fun enough on the track.

This summer I had Dinan's Stage 2 installed. Wow, turned a decent monster of a car into an F-22!! Well, not for long. I got a misfiring plug pretty soon after - I was grounded. Replaced all of the plugs. I even asked them to confirm that the Dinan software had neem reinstalled. Here is the TSB for the plugs problem.

TSB Number: SI-B12-22-09 NHTSA Number: 10031664 TSB Date: September 1, 2009

A few weeks later I got a low oil light. The impact of the Dinan software was also gone. Went in for a free quart, which the dealer recorded in their system. Drove for about 3 more weeks and the car called for oil again. This time it stayed with the dealer who diagnosed a PCV valve problem, for which there is also a TSB:

TSB Number: SIB-11-03-08 NHTSA Number: 10038217 TSB Date: December 1, 2010

Dealer said that there was an oil leak as a result of the PCV issue.

Here we are 3 weeks later and again the power/torque is gone. Oil is down one out of three notches on the oil check sensor. I know the power/torque is down because with Stage 2, acceleration is instantaneous and does not require a drop down in the gears in auto modes. When the Dinan 2 is operational, the power is instantly available, even at low RPM. Now the transmission drops down and the power lags.

Anyone else have any ideas, experience, thoughts?
Appreciate 0