03-28-2016, 10:38 AM   #8
peter2772000
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X6 35i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
They should East Penn is a large American Manufacturer.
I'm usually spouting off to anyone who'll listen that it's good to change your battery every 4-5 yrs (especially when living in the snow-belt) so as to avoid taxing the alternator. I guess it's my turn to "put up or shut up".
Thx for the heads-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbofraggins View Post
I'm more concerned about your state of mind....what kind of snowbird are you in Montreal in winter . As for for AGM trickle charge concerns, I made the same mistake...did not seem to have any effect on two vehicles I put on a battery tender..in that they still work fine...doing what a battery does. Yours aye, BF -Snowbird wannabe...
Hello. My name is Peter and I'm a wannabe snowbird.

Bought the place in 2012, and I'm up to an average of 3 months/year down south. But only in spurts of 2-3 weeks at a time. I run an HVAC outfit up here and though I've set myself up with good people to fill in when I'm not there, I'm not at the point where I can, or want, to be gone for much longer than that.

In any case, it gets a bit tedious being down there for more than 2-3 weeks. Proof that I'm not quite ready to retire full-time.

PS: Thx for your experience with non-AGM chargers on your AGM battery. But for reasons mentioned above, I'll prolly change it out next fall.
Appreciate 0