View Single Post
      03-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #37
Iluxa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 M40D; X7 M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
If you do not know your fuel rating its ok. The ECU is fully adaptive and can self adjust if needed.
I obvously know what RON rating it says on the petrol station, for example here in Moscow for DD on all my turbo cars I use RON 98, however, unfortunately, not always this fuel is actually RON 98. I mean it could easily be bad quality 98 or even smaller RON rating fuel.
I will try to explain why I ask this question. When I do some upgrade to my Suabru I go to my tuner and we will map the car on a specific fuel that I will in most cases use. If later I use even another petrol company, fuel can be different and this could lead to richer/leaner fuel/air mixtures and potentialy cause problems. So when I purchase the ESS mapping kit and send you my original map, will you be able to see what fuel I use so the map is 'unique' to this fuel, or the map is universal for all X5/6Ms and the ECU itself alters engines work after the re-map? I hope I have explained my worry here

Also, do ESS take into consideration exactly what aftermarket parts are installed, for example SS de-cat with Akrapovic EVO exhaust, or SS x-pipe with Eisenmann muffler and K&N filters, or you just look at whether the car is de-cat or not?

thx beforehand for explanation

Last edited by Iluxa; 03-25-2011 at 07:16 AM..
Appreciate 0