02-07-2014, 12:58 AM   #152
reihani
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
I can pray, dammit.

I'm familiar with Vancouver and the utterly obscene amount of money (generally Asian college kids sent to the US by their parents with a supercar as a care package). But I feel like if you can afford an X5, you can afford "higher-end" accessories to rice it out. Admittedly the X5 is fairly affordable used now, but it's still a world of difference from the $1500 cars you generally see this stuff stuck onto. Someone who was doing this with the very warped intent of making the car look "cool" would probably have 22" Forgiatos on there, body kit, limo tint, etc.

It's just soooo ridiculous. The mirrored badges in the rear, the stuck on E53 trim, etc. If someone were really trying to pimp out their car and make it look "good" (subjective), they would've just used those precut chrome vinyl stickers - most likely cheaper than the E53 trim. It seems like this person has really gone out of their way to draw negative attention to the car. I've known people to do this with (admittedly cheaper) cars just as a "haha, silly ricers" thing.
Vancouver is by now the epicentre of luxurious cars in North America. You would be shocked at how many Aventadors, Mclarens, 458s, F12's, GTO's, so on and so on you will see on a daily basis. M cars and AMG's don't even get the slightest bit of attention. If you have a minute check out Vancity_Exotics on instagram, can't think of another city that comes close to Vancouver right now.

On a side note, just noticed the 5X AND X5 on the back of that truck. good god.
Appreciate 0