02-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #149
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCNBob View Post
Doubt it. The car is in or around Vancouver, which is famous for kids coming in from overseas with a ton of Mom and Dad's money. And by a ton, I mean some kids drive to school in Lambos. If somebody has seen the driver and wants to correct me go ahead, but I suspect a late teens male who was given $100K to buy a car and just wanted to fit in with the rest of the kids in Richmond.
I can pray, dammit.

I'm familiar with Vancouver and the utterly obscene amount of money (generally Asian college kids sent to the US by their parents with a supercar as a care package). But I feel like if you can afford an X5, you can afford "higher-end" accessories to rice it out. Admittedly the X5 is fairly affordable used now, but it's still a world of difference from the $1500 cars you generally see this stuff stuck onto. Someone who was doing this with the very warped intent of making the car look "cool" would probably have 22" Forgiatos on there, body kit, limo tint, etc.

It's just soooo ridiculous. The mirrored badges in the rear, the stuck on E53 trim, etc. If someone were really trying to pimp out their car and make it look "good" (subjective), they would've just used those precut chrome vinyl stickers - most likely cheaper than the E53 trim. It seems like this person has really gone out of their way to draw negative attention to the car. I've known people to do this with (admittedly cheaper) cars just as a "haha, silly ricers" thing.