09-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #15
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorbmwx6 View Post
Wanted to share similar life-threatening experience I had with my 09 X6 recently. First time driving it on highway got a "transmission malfunction" error message, putting vehicle in limp mode. Actually completely disengaging wheels from the engine. Took it to my local dealership with this problem. Was told that it is nothing major, just had to reset transmission to factory default settings. Took it back and within a week saw same error "transmission malfunction". My wife drive the car and sent me same error as a screen shot on her phone, asking me what is this. I called the BMW dealership and explained to them that the problem has not been resolved by resetting transmission to factory default settings. They asked me to bring the car back in and they will take a look at it again. On my way to the dealership, I took highway 101 and at 65-70 mph same error with cars in front of me and cars in the back of me. My car is going into limp mode, no connection between wheels and engine, error message "transmission malfunction". This time I almost killed myself. Stopped int the middle of highway 101, restarted the vehicle and slowly continued to the dealership. Now I was told that it will cost me two hours of re-programming transmission and traction control units. Car has been at the dealership almost a month now. I will keep you posted on the progress. I love BMW for performance reasons, but safety does not seem to be #1 choice.
Holy shit. That's crazy. Both this post and the OP's problems. Might be time for me to hit the highway away from BMWs.....
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0