View Single Post
      09-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #7
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

I did quite a bit of research on this topic, however, have an X5 35d model. I purchased for Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow non run flat for $766 and will get an additional $40 Visa Rebate Card. I went with the non run flat option based on what I had read on these and other boards with regard to handling of RFT vs. Non RFT. My Bridgestone Duelers are run flat, however, will not work during the winter as I live at 6 700 feet and we get a lot of snow, around 500 inches during the season. I purchased a set of used 18 inch OEM BMW X5 wheels, had all of the imperfections removed, two were repainted by my local dealer, and then polished them with Menzerna and my random orbiter, then had the Pirelli's fitted today. They look like new! Almost can't wait for winter, and will carry Fix a Flat in lieu of a spare. Based on my experience in my 2000 Landcruiser last year, snow tires make a heck of a difference, and the Pirelli's are supposed to outlast the Blizzaks. I remain a Bridgestone fan, however the $400 difference between Pirelli Non RFT and Blizzak RFT allowed me to afford an extra set of wheels and purchase new TPMS.

2011 BMW M3 ZCP DCT
2010 BMW X5 35d
Appreciate 0