10-19-2016, 06:35 PM   #280
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc328
Those saying ratings are down, the protest caused ratings to go down clearly was never a football fan to begin with.

The NFL has been a shit show for the pass 5+ years. Yes, ratings did went down more cuz of the protest but it isnt the only problem.

Here are some reasons for the poor ratings:

More penalaties = more commercials = longer games. Games use to be 3 hrs long max and now games can be 4+ hours long.

Unbalanced punishments to players. Deflategate for example. There are drug users, wife/child beaters, murderers, etc and deflategate lasted almost 2 years...WTF!??

Alot of ppl cutting the cord (no cable tv). Most ppl that do stream stuff like sports.

This one might be bias cuz Im a Pats fan....who wants to watch a shitty team (AFC) or seeing the Pats beat their team for the playoffs almost every year (for 15 years)? Even without the Pats, alot of the teams are just real bad and dont even have a decent QB. After a few years you just give up watching.

Prime time football is no longer Prime time teams. Sunday/Monday night football is a joke

And the fantasy football, many will only watch scores on their phones, stream, or listen online.
I stopped watching the NBA long ago and now stopped watching the NFL too. All of those factors (except Brady suspension that I am happy about) are contributing factors. Beginning of the end for me was the Jonathan Martin drama. Now I simply don't like players like Kaepernick or Newton. Combined with the factors you pointed out, not liking players in the league making headlines = no interest in watching. There are plenty of other ways to spend time and money.
mantis276.00